Thursday, February 11, 2010

Excel-Blog Post

Spreadsheets are very useful technological tools for the classroom or personal use. There are several ways spreadsheets can be used in the classroom such as gradebook, tracking your students progress, time management, and concept aids. The spreadsheet will be one of the technological tools I use in my classroom.

A graphing calculator is a necessary tool for mathematical and some science courses. As a teacher I can use spreadsheets to design material aids to help teach the multiple uses of the graphing calculator. Currently, one of the veteran teachers I observed uses an Elmo to teach the use of the graphing calculator. In my classroom, I could use similar methods along with the visual aids to help the students.

I have used excel for years for personal use. One of the ways I use excel is to organize my grocery list. I have designed a spreadsheet that calculates all of the items I purchase at different stores with their prices which includes the sales tax. This allows me to know exactly how much I will be spending when shopping. This spreadsheet allows me to stay within the designated budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment